Table of Contents Hide
- The Dubai Pass Review: We Used It and Here’s What We Think
- Some Dubai Pass Card Facts –
- Expenses are Kept Down
- ➤ First Attraction – Amazon Tour Canal Cruise
- ➤ You Can’t go Wrong with a Dubai City Tour
- The Dubai Museum – our first stop…
- Abra boat ride to the Spice Market..
- In fact the Gold market in Deira is connected to the spice market, so you get to kill 2 birds with one stone.The Burj Al Arab and Palm Island..
- ➤ Action-Packed Thrills at Motiongate
- Take a Dubai Journey for Much Less than you Thought
- Check out our other Dubai itineraries
- Also check out our useful Dubai posts:
- PIN IT!
Last year, 2018, Dubai attracted more than 15 million tourists. It’s a brilliant shopping destination, with their VAT refund system. Add to that those amazing glitzy hotels, the sheer variety of entertainment and the Dubai Pass – a travel card which greatly enhances your travel experience.
The Dubai Pass Review: We Used It and Here’s What We Think
Some Dubai Pass Card Facts –
- Having the Dubai Pass card is like saying ‘open sesame’ because it literally opens doors for you.
- It saves you having to juggle lots of cash and tickets. Everything is on the card.
- They come in different forms but have a computer chip built in.
- You get cash-free entry to the activities and experiences you want to enjoy.
- The number of attractions you can go to is determined by the quantity you have purchased.
- Choose from 2 kinds of packages – the Flexi Ticket Package and the Unlimited Day Package.
- There are different card variations to suit your budget and the length of time you intend being in Dubai. I chose the Flexi Pass 3. Staying longer might require you going for the 5 or 7 day pass card.
- With the Dubai iVenture Card, you can save between 40 – 60% on your choice of entertainment.
- Purchase your card online. You’ll receive an email receipt. You can also download a digital iPass onto your mobile device.
Expenses are Kept Down
The whole idea behind these cards is to keep expenses down and to allow you to explore Dubai with ease and convenience.
No carrying huge wads of cash and tickets – you simply flash your card – done and dusted. Bear in mind some attractions require some pre-booking. Purchase the card online and pick it up from the iVenture collection points in Dubai.
With the idea to keep expenses down, I opted for the Dubai Flexi Attractions Package which is valid for 7 days . Like I said I chose the 3 Ticket Flexi Pass option for one single, low price. I prefer this to the all-inclusive pass as you can choose what you want to see and pay just the one price for all of them.
➤ First Attraction – Amazon Tour Canal Cruise
First on my list was the Amazon Tour Canal Cruise. What an awesome way to see the city sights. Do your homework because there are always cool discounts and deals that are worth investigating that can ensure you get more for less.
You board at the Dubai Festival City Mall. For this attraction, you have to book well in advance – I’d say 48 hours – and present your Dubai pass card for entry. Then you simply hop onto the glass enclosed Al Faris Show boat.
You’ll be blown away by what you see –
- Imagine Fountain Show
- The Ras Al Khor Wildlife sanctuary
- Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest tower
- The mesmerising Dubai Water Canal Bridge, all lit up at night.
That’s not all though, but for sake of space I’ve just mentioned the highlights for me.
I also loved the food, the drinks as well as the shows and entertainment that suited everyone, kids included. I have to say though, that it was the views that did it for me, especially seeing them at night like that.
Booking for the boat is done online. Simply log onto the iVenture website and make your payment online. You’ll get an email confirming your dhow cruise.
➤ You Can’t go Wrong with a Dubai City Tour
The next morning was the Dubai City Tour, a spectacular way to discover all that Dubai has to offer. This is also one of those pre-book tours, simply because it’s so popular. To add to the pleasures, I was picked up at my hotel.
Dubai is super hot, so having an air-conditioned mini bus to get around in was just one huge plus. Our guide was Moustafa, and what an awesome job he did filling us in with fascinating historical information.
The Dubai Museum – our first stop…
The Dubai Museum was our first stop. It’s in an ancient fort which was built in 1787, the oldest building in Dubai.
For anyone interested in the history and culture of Dubai from way back then to now, time spent at the museum will be totally worthwhile. I’d say our group got though the museum in about a hour and a half.
Abra boat ride to the Spice Market..
After this interesting activity, the next bit of excitement included the Abra boat ride to see the Spice Market or Souk.
What a vibrant, colourful, sensory experience this turned out to be. You roam around the stalls and see baskets full of nuts, oils, aromatic herbs and fragrant teas from around the world.
In fact the Gold market in Deira is connected to the spice market, so you get to kill 2 birds with one stone.
The Burj Al Arab and Palm Island..
After this enthralling trip and smelling like spices, en route back to our hotels we stopped over at the Jumeirah Mosque and the Burj Al Arab for photos. You couldn’t ask for a better setting for photography – that iconic sail-shaped, super luxurious hotel, representative of all the United Arab Emirates stands for – wealth and luxury.
After this we drove to Palm Island – 3 man-made islands, with Palm Jumeirah being shaped like a palm tree. It’s the island that accepts visitors and it got the magnificent 5-star Atlantis Hotel. Would love to have stayed much longer as there is just way too much to see. Then it was back to our hotels.
➤ Action-Packed Thrills at Motiongate
The third attraction was every bit as enthralling as the others – Motiongate – a Hollywood-inspired theme park found in Dubai Parks and Resorts and comprising 3 theme parks, a water park as well as shops, restaurant and hotel.
You cannot believe there can be so many thrills all in one place. There are so many thrilling rides and activities in Dubai – Legoland to Smurfs Village, Bollywood Parks and LEGOLAND Waterpark – you can see – it’s so difficult to choose.
There is so much to see and do, a day may not be long enough. It’s why some people stay at the hotel in the Dubai Parks and Resorts. You can go by car, but for less stress you can make use of a shuttle service from certain shopping malls.
Take a Dubai Journey for Much Less than you Thought
The Dubai Pass saves you time and money and you enjoy the highest levels of service during your travels. With an iVenture card you can conveniently and cost effectively see all the best attractions and discover the best experiences in Dubai in a schedule that suits you.[/vc_column_text] [vc_column_text]
Check out our other Dubai itineraries
The Ultimate Itinerary to 7 Days in Dubai
The Ultimate Itinerary to 5 Days in Dubai
The Ultimate Itinerary to 3 Days in Dubai